Sunday, January 27, 2008

Bland Insight

Friendship will only get you so far into a person's personal life and I, with much hesitation, am going to give you an uncomfortable amount of insight into me, who I am, and (realistically) why I have very few long-term relationships.

All of this information is probably accessible somewhere on Facebook (what isn't?), but I think it will streamline the process if I just list it here in one place. After reading through this, you will know me about as well as I know myself.

NOTE: I did not know that my bullet points show up as sunflowers. Not sure how to change that, but not my personal preference ...

My Pandora Radio Stations, in order of creation:
  • Miles Davis
  • Earl Scruggs
  • Mark Murphy
  • Cyrus Chestnut
  • Louis Armstrong
  • The Vocal Majority
Books that I am currently reading:
  • Merle's Door, Ted Kerasote (about dogs)
  • An Inconvenient Book, Glenn Beck (about sarcastic solutions to serious problems)
  • Eats, Shoots and Leaves, Lynn Truss (about grammar)

Last movie that I watched:

  • Fiddler on the Roof

Solution to the world's problems:

  • Apologize and split a Snickers

My perspective of the true puropse of life:

  • To come out with a good story to tell. This means that regardless of what happens, it is worthwhile as long as it makes good dinner conversation.

General storyline of a majority of my dreams:

  • I marry someone because she pressures me into it, I am too scared to tell her "no," and I end up living the rest of my life with someone that I loathe. Someone like the wife and/or mother on Everbody Loves Raymond. And the dream then concludes with some sort of treasure hunt and foot race.

Publications to which I subscribe:

  • WIRED
  • GQ
  • Wall Street Journal

Favorite color of socks:

  • Brown

In retrospect, this post was kind of lame. Maybe that is the bigger insight into my personality. If you read this, give me a call and I can send you a check to reimburse you for the precious time of your life that was lost. My bad.

1 comment:

Petra said...

Please, that wasn't lame! If I hadn't read it, I never would have known that you just watched Fiddler On the Roof, and how could I have LIVED without that?